NURRU RESEARCH TRAINING PROGRAMME
COURSE TITLE: RAPID OVERVIEW OF RESEARCH METHODOLOGIES [MARCH SERIES]
Duration: 4 weeks
Cost: UGX 50,000/- Per Module
Main objective: Train participants from institutions of higher learning, NGOs, private and public sectors on basic research methodologies.
- Impart knowledge and skills on Research Proposal development.
- Enhance participants’ skills on qualitative and quantitative data collection and data analysis.
- Train participants on principles of report writing, presentation and publications.
At the end of the course the participants will;
- Acquire hands on skills for producing fundable research proposals.
- Be able to manage research and produce reports.
- Be able to write presentable research reports
- Produce and Publish research articles
- Earn a Certificate of participation
- NUR.MOD. I: Research Proposals Writing
- NUR. MOD.II : Research Planning
- NUR.MOD. III : Basic to Statistics
- NUR. MOD. IV : Research Management
- NUR.MOD. V : Research Products
- Research Proposal Writing
Introduction to proposal development
- Literature review
- Conceptual and theoretical framework
- Statement of the problem
- Research questions and /or hypothesis
- Research design- methods and procedures, Sampling, Instrumentation, data collection, Data analysis, APA format, Report writing and dissemination
- Limitation and delimitation
- Significance of the study
- Research Planning
- Identification of a Research topic; ……. (Variables causing, intermediary variables and resulting variables).
- Basics to Statistics
- Definition of terms used in research
- Branches of statistics
- Projects/studies- clinical trials, development projects,
- Statistical methods
- Statistical report- SPSS (charts, graphs, etc.),presentations
- Research Management
- Putting research team together (Individual or team) -identification, training, facilitation, coordination
- Ethical considerations
- Planning for field work- developing tools, pre-testing, refining the tools
- Respondents/participants/stakeholders mapping
- Pre-visit-contacting local authorities and community mobilization
- Data collection and analysis
- Report writing(APA format)- Introduction/review of related literature , methodology, results/findings, discussion, and conclusion(limitations and recommendations), presentation
- Research products and publishing
- Reports, articles, Journals, e.t.c.
REGISTRATION IN PROGRESS. TRAINING STARTS 1ST MARCH,2017
- Resource center
- Minibus for field work (Transportation)
- Internet Connection
- Researchers Accommodation